If you’re keen to move to Western Australia and have previously gained compatible policing experience, we want to hear from you.
Policing jurisdictions considered compatible for the purpose of recognising service are:
- Policing jurisdictions of all Australian States and Territories
- Australian Federal Police (excluding Protective Services)
- Policing jurisdictions of New Zealand
- Policing jurisdictions of the United Kingdom (excluding British Transport Police and Military/Defence Force Police)
- Policing jurisdictions of the Republic of Ireland.
WA Police are not currently recruiting international officers that require sponsoring for a permanent residency visa through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. If you are from a compatible policing jurisdiction and are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia you are eligible to apply at any time.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:
Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Australian Resident
current manual 'C' class Motor Driver's Licence or equivalent*
service must have occurred within the previous 18 months for it to be recognised and must have finished probation.
* Provisional licences are acceptable, with no more than eight demerit points at the time of application.
Learn more about your pathway to become a WA Police Officer, why not attend an information session?