Transitional Officer (Applications close Thursday 30 November 2017 at 4.00pm)

If you’re keen to move to Western Australia and have previously gained compatible policing experience, we want to hear from you.

Policing jurisdictions considered compatible for the purpose of recognising service are:

  • Policing jurisdictions of all Australian States and Territories
  • Australian Federal Police (excluding Protective Services)
  • Policing jurisdictions of New Zealand
  • Policing jurisdictions of the United Kingdom (excluding British Transport Police and Military/Defence Force Police)
  • Policing jurisdictions of the Republic of Ireland.

WA Police Force are not currently recruiting international officers that require sponsoring for a permanent residency visa through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. If you are from a compatible policing jurisdiction and are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia you are eligible to apply at any time.

Am I eligible to apply?

To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:

You must be an
Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Australian Resident
You must hold a
current manual 'C' class Motor Driver's Licence or equivalent*
The compatible policing
service must have occurred within the previous 18 months for it to be recognised and must have finished probation.

* Provisional licences are acceptable, with no more than eight demerit points at the time of application.

Next: What's WA Police looking for? Register your interest