Police Auxiliary Officer (Custody Support) - Geraldton
WA Police are actively encouraging local Geraldton based applicants to apply for the role of Police Auxiliary Officer (Custody Support) located in Geraldton. Custody Support Officers play a vital role assisting police with the safe admission, custody and release of detainees at station-based lockups. This is a physical role in a unique and challenging environment where no two days are the same. You can be part of a supportive team culture while helping to protect the community.
Applicants wishing to apply must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
- Possess a Manual Motor Driver’s Licence with no more than 8 demerit points.
- Be available to undertake recruitment assessments in Geraldton on both Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd June 2017.
- Be available for a Skype interview between Thursday 15 June 2017 and Friday 23 June 2017.
- Applicants are required to pass a Physical Performance Evaluation as part of the recruitment process. To familiarise yourself with the standard required, please visit https://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/join-wa-police/police-auxiliary-officer-custody-support-geraldton/selection-process/
If you are successful, you will be appointed to a position in Geraldton and can look forward to a salary of $68,661 - $74,320 p.a. (Band 2 – CIV004). You will receive comprehensive on the job training.
Please note any costs incurred to attend the assessments will be at the applicant’s expense. Relocation and housing is not offered.
Please read through the application, selection process, training and probation web pages for this position. If you require more information please contact contact Police Recruiting on 9301 9735.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:
Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Australian Resident
current manual 'C' class Motor Driver's Licence or equivalent*
* Provisional licences are acceptable, with no more than eight demerit points at the time of application.