Interstate transition - bring your policing skills with you
If you’re keen to move to Western Australia and have previously gained compatible policing experience, we want to hear from you.
The path to entering the WA Police Force through an Interstate Transition
- To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
- hold a current manual 'C' class Motor Driver's Licence or equivalent (Provisional licences are acceptable), with no more than eight demerit points at the time of application
- have a 'Provide First Aid' Certificate - you will be given 90 days to provide proof of completion (HLTFAID003 minimum requirement - Australian standard).
- You will then be required to undergo our selection process. Click here to read what this entails.
- If your application is successful, you’ll undergo a 13-week transitional course at the WA Police Force Academy in Joondalup.
Please note: Transitional courses are limited. Contact Police Recruitment for specific information relating to your individual circumstances.
Step forward and enter the WA Police Force through an Interstate Transition. Learn about our selection process and apply by clicking here.
Am I eligible to apply?
To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:
Western Australia Police Force as an employer has no tolerance for illicit or illegal drug use, which includes the misuse of prescription and over the counter drugs by an employee, either in their work or private life. All applicants will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing during the recruitment process and throughout employment if appointed.