Recruit - the start of a new journey
Joining the WA Police as a Recruit is an exciting, life changing decision. If you’ve got enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a passion for protecting your community, you’re all set for a highly challenging and incredibly rewarding career.
The path to becoming a Recruit
- To apply, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
- be at least 18 years of age
- hold a current manual 'C' class Motor Driver's Licence or equivalent (Provisional licences are acceptable), with no more than eight demerit points at the time of application
- have a 'Provide First Aid' Certificate – you will be given 90 days to provide proof of completion (HLTAID003 minimum requirement).
- You will then be required to undergo our selection process. Find out what this entails.
- If successful, you’ll undergo a 28-week Academy course in one of the most advanced law enforcement training facilities in the world - the WA Police Academy in Joondalup.
- Upon passing this course and completing the subsequent probationary period, you will be ready to start your new career as a fully qualified Police Officer.