A pathway toward becoming a Police Officer in Western Australia. If you are a current serving police officer with front line policing experience from an international compatible policing jurisdiction then this pathway is for you.
WA POLICE WILL BE ATTENDING LONDON IN SEPTEMBER 2014 TO RECRUIT CURRENT SERVING POLICE OFFICERS FROM THE UK AND REPUBLIC OF IRELAND FOR FRONTLINE UNIFORM POLICING ROLES
- Be current serving police officers who have between 3 - 10 years total service as at 6 April 2014 predominately in a frontline policing role. Applications outside of this service range will NOT be considered.
- Be under the age of 50 years as at 31 December 2014.
- Possess a Diploma of Policing (or equivalent) or provide evidence of completion of police training and relevant probationary period.
- Hold a current unrestricted manual Motor Driver's Licence - learner, probationary or novice licences will not be accepted.
- Be physically fit and capable of passing the WA Police physical performance evaluation.....read more
- Meet vision standards required by WA Police or be able to wear contact lenses for prolonged period.....read more
- Meet immigration requirements as a person nominated by WA Police for employment.
- Be available to commence a 13 week transitional officer training course at the Western Australia Police Academy in 2015.
1. Assessments will be held in London as follows:
- Police Entrance Evaluation (PEE) between 27 May - 2 June 2014.
- Those that progress through the PEE will be invited to attend a panel interview and Physical Performance Evaluation (PPE) between 1 - 26 September 2014.
- Compulsory two hour job-related information sessions will be held on 3, 10, 17 and 24 September 2014. All applicants short listed for interview must attend one of these sessions.
2. Applicants will be advised of their assessment dates by e-mail. All costs incurred in this process will be at the applicant's expense.
Late applications and posted applications will not be accepted.
4. Applications must be accompanied by a Recognition of Prior Service Application including ALL documentation as follows:
- Two most recent performance reports.
- Current service history including the date of your engagement or attestation as a sworn Police Officer, period of employment and rank attained.
- Police complaint history, including whether you are currently under investigation.
- Full sick leave history and dates of any unpaid leave such as career breaks taken.
The above information will only be accepted on the relevant policing jurisdiction's letterhead (showing organisation name, address and contact telephone number) and must be signed by the employing authority.
If you are unable to obtain this information, you are required to provide email contact details of the relevant person or unit for obtaining this information on the cover sheet.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page prior to emailing your query.
- Successful applicants will be nominated by Western Australia Police to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship for a subclass 186 permanent residency visa.
- All visa and relocation costs will be the responsibility of successful applicants.
- Successful applicants will undergo a 13 week transitional training course at the Western Australia Police Academy in Joondalup. Please note there is NO accommodation supplied for officers undergoing this training. Apply Now